World Report (CBC)
World Report is a Canadian radio news program, which airs weekdays at 5, 6, 7 and 8 AM, and Saturdays and Sundays at 6, 7, 8 and 9 AM, on CBC Radio One. It currently lasts 10 minutes. The program's current weekday anchor as of May 7, 2018 is Nil Köksal, and the weekend anchor is Marcia Young. The programme began in 1958 as The World at Eight and was called The World at Seven, The World at Eight or The World at Nine, depending on the hour and time zone in which it was heard, until October 1982 when it was renamed World Report. It was presented by Rex Loring for over 22 years until his retirement in 1990.
- Kyle Duggan, "Politicos on the move: CBC World Report gets new host". iPolitics, March 2, 2018.
- "Hear It Now" (PDF). CBC Radio Guide. January 1983. Retrieved September 13, 2020.
- Greg Quill, "CBC's Rex Loring is tomorrow's news". Toronto Star, February 4, 1988.
- "Former CBC Radio host to be awarded by Governor General". Stratford Beacon-Herald, December 1, 2016.
- Cassandra Szklarski, "Broadcaster anchored key CBC radio newscasts". Trail Times, February 4, 2009.
- Vanessa Farquharson, "CBC News revamps its TV, radio brand". Regina Leader-Post, October 22, 2009.
- David Bradshaw, "Waiting in the wings for CBC's top anchor job". The Globe and Mail, September 7, 2016.