|Developer(s)||2go Interactive (Pty) Ltd|
|Operating system||Android, Java ME, Linux, BlackBerry OS BlackBerry 10|
|Type||Instant Messenger, Mobile Social Network|
2go is a free mobile social networking application developed by 2go Interactive (Pty) Ltd in Cape Town, South Africa. 2go supports over 1,500 different devices, including feature phones, in addition to Android, BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 smartphones. 2go has over 50 million registered users across Africa with 13 million active users based within Nigeria.
2go is currently based in Cape Town, South Africa, but originated in Johannesburg. 2go was created in 2007 by a couple of University of Witwatersrand students as a communication tool. 2go started as a mobile website and was used to upload and share the students' timetables and lectures with each other. In 2008, two of the founders left, leaving Alan Wolff and Ashley Peter behind. Under their management, 2go moved away from the students-only model by targeting developing markets in Africa. 2go continued to grow, despite a lack of external investment, due to its focus on feature phones, which most African mobile markets consist out of. Over 7 billion messages are sent across the service each month, most of which within paid-for chat rooms using the platform's currency, GoCredits. In June 2013, 2go for Android was released on the Google Play Store and has, as of December 2014, reached over 2 million monthly active users on Android. The Android version brought forth many design changes and additions that other platforms received in the v3.5 release. 2go for BlackBerry 10 was released in April 2014. The latest release was version 3.8.
2go is a full featured feature phone instant messaging application. Supported devices require Java and internet connectivity via CSD, GPRS, 3G or WiFi to operate. Originally intended as a feature phone exclusive application, versions for Android, BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 powered smartphones have also been released. 2go offers one-on-one and group chat services in addition to paid-for chat room facilities which makes use of the platform's GoCredits currency, which is also spent on games and other content.
2go Fastlane – 2go added a new feature to the messenger called 2go 6.2.0 fastlane. From this fastlane, you get quick access to live Sports Updates, up to date news from Supersports and News24. 
2go is available on a variety of mobile and computing platforms, each independently developed for the platform. These are:
- "2go mobile social network". Archived from the original on 2018-08-31. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- "2go - BlackBerry World".
- "The African Mobile App That's Bigger Than Facebook Nigeria - Ventures Africa". Ventures Africa.
- Monique Verduyn. "2go: Alan Wolff and Ashley Peter". Archived from the original on 2018-09-15. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- Simnikiwe Mzekandaba. "'2go is Nigeria's biggest social network' - ITWeb Africa".
- "How two twenty-somethings built one of Nigeria's biggest mobile social networks". How We Made It In Africa.
- "SA's own Sergey Brin and Larry Page". Fin24.
- "2go founders able to spurn investors and ride growth wave". Archived from the original on 2015-01-10. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- Kelly Levinsohn. "Social network 2go heads for smartphone users". Bandwidth Blog.
- "The importance of advertising on mobile, director of 2go IM service shares stats". Archived from the original on 2014-02-21. Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- "Mobile messenger 2go now has 2-million Android users". Memeburn.
- "2go lands on Android". Archived from the original on 2014-06-06. Retrieved 2014-02-18.
- 2go Interactive. "2go - Android Apps on Google Play".
- "2go mobile social network".
- "2go heads for smartphones"
- "Gartner Says Annual Smartphone Sales Surpassed Sales of Feature Phones for the First Time in 2013".
- "Understand the social networks ecosystem for effective adspend". Archived from the original on 2015-12-22. Retrieved 2014-03-05.
- "Download 2go Version 6.2.0 at www.2go.im". Archived from the original on 2016-01-24. Retrieved 2016-01-19.