|Founded||14 December 2017|
|Dissolved||2 December 2018|
|National affiliation||Centre-left coalition|
Together (Italian: Insieme), whose complete name is Italy Europe Together (Italia Europa Insieme, IEI), was a broadly progressive coalition of political parties in Italy, part of the centre-left coalition for the 2018 general election.
During 2017 there were lengthy talks on the creation of an electoral list to the left of the Democratic Party (PD), within the PD-led centre-left coalition. In this process Giuliano Pisapia, a former mayor of Milan, launched the Progressive Camp (CP) and long pondered the possibility of leading the proposed list, including minor established parties, assorted leftists and, most notably, former members of Left Ecology Freedom (SEL) – which had been folded into the more radical Italian Left (SI).
In December, after Pisapia's retirement and the dissolution of the CP, Riccardo Nencini, Angelo Bonelli and Giulio Santagata, respectively leaders of the Italian Socialist Party (PSI), the Federation of the Greens (FdV) and Civic Area (AC), launched Together in order to participate in the 2018 general election as a part of the centre-left coalition, along with More Europe (+Eu) and the Popular Civic List (CP). Together's logo was styled on that of The Olive Tree, a broad centre-left coalition active from 1995 to 2007 (when its main components were merged into the PD).
Some of Pisapia's followers launched the Progressive Area (AP) and looked set to join Together, However, after tensions with Together leaders, it was announced that AP had signed an agreement with +Eu, already composed of the Italian Radicals, Forza Europa and the Democratic Centre, also with the centre-left.
In the election the list obtained a mere 0.6% of the vote and no seats. However, two of its members elected in single-seat constituencies: Nencini (PSI) to the Senate in Arezzo and Serse Soverini (AC) to the Chamber in Imola.
|Italian Socialist Party||Social democracy||Riccardo Nencini|
|Federation of the Greens||Green politics||Angelo Bonelli|
|Civic Area||Progressivism||Giulio Santagata|
|Chamber of Deputies|
1 / 630
|Senate of the Republic|
1 / 315
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2018). "Italy". Parties and Elections in Europe.
- "Ecco "Insieme", la lista ulivista alleata del Pd".
- ""Insieme", Psi con Verdi e prodiani alleati di Renzi: "Non siamo civette o mosche cocchiere". E c'è chi azzarda: "7–8%" – Il Fatto Quotidiano". 14 December 2017.
- "Ritorna, in piccolo, L'Ulivo e l'avversario è sempre lo stesso: "Siamo gli unici che hanno battuto due volte Berlusconi"". 14 December 2017.
- "Centrosinistra: Fassino, siamo argine a Berlusconi e populisti".
- "Centrosinistra, a Napoli l'assemblea nazionale di Area Progressista(LaPresse) – QuotidianoNet". 29 December 2017.
- "Area progressista, corriamo da soli – Ultima Ora". 4 January 2018.
- "Centrosinistra, intesa raggiunta tra Area Progressista e +Europa – Più Mezzogiorno". 18 January 2018.
- "Elezioni, Area Progressista a sostegno di +Europa".
- webit.it; Tuttifrutti. "Verdi dell'Emilia-Romagna soddisfatti per elezione di Matteo Badiali a co-portavoce Verdi italiani". Ravennanotizie.it (in Italian). Retrieved 2019-01-27.