University of Lahore
|Rector||Prof.Dr. Mujahid Kamran|
|Campus||Lahore, Islamabad, Gujrat, Sargodha, and Pakpattan|
|Colours||Lime green & Green|
|Affiliations||HEC, PEC, PMDC, PCP, PNC, PBC|
The University of Lahore (Urdu: جامعہ لاہور) or UOL is a private university located in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. It was founded at collegiate level in 1999 under the IBADAT Educational Trust and was granted full degree awarding status in 2002. It is one of the Largest Private universities in Pakistan. Subjects include Medicine, Engineering, Arts and Social Sciences. All programs are recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) and government regulatory bodies in Pakistan. It is accredited by the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Bar Council, Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC), Pakistan Nursing Council, Pharmacy Council of Pakistan.
The University of Lahore (UOL) has 2 campuses in Lahore, 2 campuses in Islamabad and one in Sargodha, Pakpattan and Gujrat. All programs run at the UOL, are recognized by the Higher Education Commission (HEC), the Government regulatory body, in Pakistan.The Lahore campus not only attracts locals in large number, but foreigners as well;thus providing rich diversity and fruitful environment.
The University also has courses accredited by the Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pharmacy Council of Pakistan, Pakistan Bar Council and Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) respectively.
The University has also achieved the highest W4 category ranking with the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan. The University of Lahore is ranked at 801st position amongst the Top 1000 Universities of the World by QS-2018 Ranking, and at 251st position by Asian University Rankings-2017. The University of Lahore has 7 campuses, 11 academic faculties, 35 academic departments, 3 technology parks, 2 research centres, Alumni network of 23000+, and 150+ degree programs and teaches 3,000+ courses. The Total Student Body in all campuses comes to around 36,000+ .
Faculties & Departments
Faculty of Allied Health Sciences
- BS of Optometry
- Dept. of Health Professional Technologies(HFT)
- Dept. of Sports Sciences
- Lahore School of Nursing
- Radiological Sciences & Medical Imaging Technology
- Dept. of Physiotherapy
- Dept. of Diet & Nutritional Sciences
- Dept. of Clinical Lab Technology(CLT)
Faculty of Arts & Architecture
- School of Architecture
- School of Creative Arts
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
- Dept. of Civil Engineering
- Dept. of Electrical Engineering
- Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
- Dept. of Electronics & Electrical Systems
- Dept. of Technology (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil)
Faculty of Information & Technology
- Dept. of Computer Science
- Dept. of Software Engg.
Faculty of Law
- Postgraduate Institute of Law
Faculty of Languages & Literature
- Dept. of English Language & Literature
Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry
- University College of Medicine
- University College of Dentistry
- University College of Physician
- University College of viterinary
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Lahore School of Accounting & Finance
- Lahore Business School (LBS)
- Lahore School of Aviation
- Lahore School of Management & commerce
Faculty of Pharmacy
- Department of Pharmacy
Faculty of Sciences
- Institute Of Molecular Biology & Bio-Technology
- Dept. of Physics
- Dept. of Chemistry
- Dept. of Environment Sciences
- Dept. of Mathematics & Statistics
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Dept. of Education
- Dept. of Economics
- Dept. of Islamic Studies
- School of Integrated Social Sciences
- school of accounting and finance
QEC Learning Centre
Learning Center of The University of Lahore is established for the professional development of the teaching faculty and staff.
Pakistan Journal of Molecular Medicine (PJMM)
Pakistan Journal of Molecular Medicine (Pakistan J. Mol. Med.) is a semi-annual (6 monthly) journal, being published by the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (IMBB), and Centre for Research in Molecular Medicine (CRiMM), The University of Lahore, Lahore, Pakistan. This Journal accepts the articles and reviews (invited and non-invited) in the disciplines of biochemistry, biotechnology, environmental sciences, forensic science, medicine, microbiology, molecular biology, pathology, pharmacology, physiology, toxicology and other Bio-medical sciences.
Journal of Media, Business & Social Sciences (JMBSS)
JMBSS is a specified, peer-reviewed and professional journal that is published bi-annually in both print and electronic forms by University of Lahore, Pakistan.
Asian Journal of Allied Health Sciences (AJAHS)
We are living in information era and specialization with multidisciplinary orientation is playing its part greater than ever. To ensure originality of work and contribution to the knowledge. The Faculty of Allied Health Sciences (FAHS), The University of Lahore has published "Asian Journal of Allied Health Sciences (AJAHS)"; a Quarterly peer-reviewed open access Journal. The aim of the Journal is to provide a platform for allied health professionals to publish their research work. All materials, articles and information published in AJAHS will be peer-reviewed.
The University of Lahore has international students from different countries and has in recent years attracted students from Palestine, Sudan, Qatar, Yemen, Turkey, Syria, Somalia, Afghanistan, Nepal, Oman, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Jordan, UAE and Uganda among others. Foreign seats are available in degree programmes such as Medicine, Dentistry, Engineering and English language and Literature.
University Advisory Board and other facilities
The Advisory Board consists of scientists, engineers and academicians who monitor the institute's standards of education and research. There are also career counsellors available to guide students in their studies and career choices. The UOL also publishes work in several scholastic journals affiliated to Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan. There are also international linkages with other universities.
Separate hostel accommodation is available for both male and female students at The University of Lahore (UoL). The Defence Road Campus of the University features in facility of two hostels for females: Razia Hall and Fatima Hall, for about 1000 students in it. In order to facilitate the students, the following facilities have been provided at both the boys and girls hostels: Mess, mosque, separate television room, telephone, newspapers, guest rooms, Common Room, computer room, electric water coolers, high-speed Internet and Wi-fi, hostel laundry and 24-hour security.
The Islamabad Sihala Campus also provide the hostel facility to both male and female student with Wi-fi, hostel laundry and 24-7 Security.
The University of Lahore has Seven campuses across Pakistan that contains areas of:
- The University of Lahore (Main Campus) [4 acres 7 Kanal]
- The University of Lahore (Defence Road Campus) [98 acres 1 Kanal]
- The University of Lahore (City Campus) [1 Acre]
- The University of Lahore (Islamabad Campus) 20 Acre
- The University of Lahore (Sargodha Campus) [4 Acre]
- The University of Lahore (pakpattan Campus)
- The University of Lahore
- The University of Lahore
The University have six research centers:
- Center For Research In Molecular Medicine (CRIMM)
- Radiology Research Section (RRS)
- Agri-Bio Technology Park
- Diagnostic Laboratory and Research Centre
- Postgraduate Computing Research Lab.
- Lahore Incubation Center (LIC)
The University's library resources include Books, Journal's and E-books. The University of Lahore currently houses four well equipped libraries with cumulatively more than 31000+ Books catering to a wide range of subjects. The University also has access to 72 Mbit/s Pakistan Educational Research Network (PERN) facilities, E- Library, OPAC, Mini labs, HEC Digital library as well as International online Libraries and Journals. The University of Lahore has subscription of World Class Turnitin services for Plagiarism check.
UOL is setting up Off the Grid (OTG) Solar power generation plants and Bio-gas plants, a step forward against energy crisis that will provide green energy. This will enable the University to continue to provide excellent educational and research services to the nation in optimal circumstances.
The University of Lahore (UOL) has been placed at No. 3 ranking in Pakistan and No. 240 ranking internationally in "UI Green Metric Ranking 2016" based on the evaluation of these six main categories Green Statistics, Energy and Climate Change, Waste management, Water usage, Transportation, and Education.
- QS World University Rankings (#801) 
- Asia University Rankings (#251) 
- Times Higher Education (#801) 
- BRICS & Emerging Economies University Rankings (#251) 
- University Web Rankings (#31) 
- UI Green Metric Ranking (#240) 
- UOL Ranking among Pakistani Universities (#70) 
- "The University of Lahore, Lahore, Pakistan - Listing by Bizpages". bizpages.org. Retrieved 2020-05-01.
- "Computer Science and Information Technology". cs.uol.edu.pk.