|Type||Hotel, mall, residential and corporate|
|Current tenants||Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts|
|Opening||17 February 2013|
|Cost||PKR 3500 crore|
|Architectural||110 m (361 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Developer||Pak Gulf Construction, Al Mahad Group of Companies (Saudi Arabia) and Sardar Builders|
|Number of rooms||500|
The Centaurus is a mixed use real estate development in the city of Islamabad, Pakistan. The project includes a 36-floor hotel, three 23-floor residential and office towers and a five-story shopping mall.
Designed by British architectural firm WS Atkins, it consists of three skyscrapers, containing corporate offices, residential apartments, and a hotel. Centaurus Mövenpick Hotel is under-construction and was expected to open in the first quarter of 2018.
The estimated cost for building the complex was US$350 million. The Centaurus Mall is four stories tall and comprises more than 300 shops.
The Centaurus Mall also includes entertainment in the form of a play area for children, known as "Fun City", and a movie cinema, known as "The Centaurus Cinema", which shows some of the latest Lollywood and Hollywood movies. Both the play area and the cinema are located on the fourth floor of the mall.
Entry fee controversy
In what it called a move to avoid ‘over-crowding’, Centaurus Mall in a public notice said visitors will have to buy a coupon to enter the mall, which is adjustable against shopping at the mall on the same day. The public notice listed 23 types of people who will not have to purchase the entry coupons. Those exempted include all women and children under 12, senior citizens, lawmakers and executives, diplomats and foreigners, journalists, and lawyers, members of country clubs, registered engineers, doctors, and teachers. Further, the notice said, “famous players of hockey, cricket, football and golf” and “celebrities” do not have to purchase the entry coupon.
- Google maps. "Address of Centaurus". Google maps. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- "Eastern Star". Atkinsglobal.com. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Pereira, Nikhil. "Movenpick Hotels set to expand Pakistan operations | HotelierMiddleEast.com". HotelierMiddleEast.com. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- Tore, Iuliia. "Mövenpick Hotel Centaurus Islamabad to open in 2018". Rustourismnews.com. Retrieved 26 February 2017.
- "Federal capital to have Movenpick Hotel". Thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- Ali Teepu, Imran (14 September 2010). "Centaurus Tower faces uncertain future". Dawn (newspaper). Retrieved 26 November 2011.
- "The Centaurus Mall". thecentaurusmall.com. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- "ME Cinemas". mecinemas.com. Retrieved 10 July 2019.
- "Chefling Tales Guide to Eating at Centaurus Food Court, Islamabad. | Chefling Tales". cheflingtales.com. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Islamabad's Centaurus Mall starts charging Rs100 entry fee, but only from a select few". The Express Tribune. 4 July 2015. Retrieved 18 September 2017.