Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Canada
Bureau économique et culturel de Taïpei au Canada
|Formed||October 22, 1991|
|Headquarters||45 O'Connor Street|
Ottawa, ON K1P 1A4
The Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Canada (Chinese: 駐加拿大臺北經濟文化代表處; pinyin: Zhù Jiānádà Táiběi Jīngjì Wénhuà Dàibiǎo Chù; French: Bureau économique et culturel de Taïpei au Canada), also called TECO Canada, is a trade office representing the interests of the Republic of China (Taiwan) in Canada. Located in Ottawa, the office functions as a de facto embassy in the absence of formal diplomatic relations between Canada and Taiwan.
The office is headed by a representative serving as the de facto ambassador to Canada, currently Winston Chen. Additional branch offices are located in Toronto, Ontario and Vancouver, British Columbia. The Ottawa office handles passport/visa issues for Greater Ottawa Region, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador and Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, while offices in Toronto and Vancouver handles needs in the rest of Canada.
- Public Affairs Division
- Services Division
- Education Division
- Economic Division
- Information Division
- Science and Technology Division
- Toronto: Yonge-Richmond Centre Suite 1202, 151 Yonge Street
- Vancouver: The Scotia Tower, 2200 650 West Georgia Street
List of representatives
- Jason Yuan (1994–1996)
- David Lee (2007–2012)
- Liu Chih-kung (2012–2014)
- Bruce Linghu (2014–2015)
- Wu Rong-chuan (2015–2016)
- Kung Chung-chen (2016–2018)
- Winston Chen (since 2018)
- "亞太司長陳文儀 接任駐加拿大代表". www.cna.com.tw (in Chinese). Retrieved July 15, 2020.
- Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, Toronto
- Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, Vancouver
- "Consular Division Overview". Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Canada 駐加拿大台北經濟文化代表處. Retrieved July 15, 2020.
- "About Us". Taipei Economic and Cultural Office, Toronto 駐多倫多台北經濟文化辦事處. Retrieved July 15, 2020.
- Canadian Trade Office in Taipei