|• Mayor||Gerald Lumbuye|
|Elevation||3,870 ft (1,180 m)|
The town is located in the hitherto unincorporated Wakiso District, immediately south of Kampala's Makindye Division. It includes the following neighborhoods, among others: Mutundwe, Najjanankumbi, Zana, Bunnamwaya, Seguku, Lubowa, Ndejje-Lubugumu, Busaabala, Masajja, Kaazi, Lweeza, Kigo, and Kubbiri. The coordinates of the new town are 0°14'34.0"N, 32°33'36.0"E (Latitude:0.242789; Longitude:32.559987).
Before its current status, the town was a sub-county in Wakiso District. Generally, the town is already built-up and consists of mainly middle and upper-class neighborhoods. In the Lubowa neighborhood, Roofings Limited maintains two of its three component companies and factories. The old Kampala–Entebbe Road passes through the eastern portion of the town in a general north to south direction. The Munyonyo spur of the new Entebbe–Kampala Expressway passes through the southern portion of the new town in a general west to east direction.
During the 2016/2017 financial year, which began on 1 July 2016 and ended on 30 June 2017, the municipality budgeted to spend in excess of USh10 billion. Of that, UShs4.8 billion was expected to come from local taxes while the government of Uganda was expected to contribute USh5.9 billion. However the work in the district was hampered by a slow recruitment process, with only 15 out of the required 90 positions filled as of October 2016.
- UBOS (November 2014). "National Population and Housing Census 2014: Provisional Results: Appendix 3 - Households and Population by Subcounty/ Town Council/Urban Division and Sex, 2014" (PDF). Kampala: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- Moses Mulondo, Moses Walubiri, and David Lumu (14 August 2015). "12 new municipalities created". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- NTVU (9 August 2015). "What is the implication of approving 11 new municipalities?". Kampala: Nation Television Uganda (NTVU). Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- LCMTO (15 March 2016). "Map of Ssabagbo Municipality". Lcmt.org (LCMTO). Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- Google (15 March 2016). "Location of Ssabagabo Municipality, Wakiso District, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- Balagadde, Samuel (24 September 2008). "Uganda: Ssabagabo Gets Sub-County Status". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- Kampala City Tours (15 June 2016). "Kampala City Tours: The Rich Verses The Poor In Kampala - Where the Rich and the Poor Live in Kampala". Kampala: Kampala City Tours. Retrieved 15 June 2016.
- Joseph Kiggundu, and James Kabengwa (27 October 2016). "Uganda: Staff Shortage Cripples Work in Wakiso Divisions". Daily Monitor via AllAfrica.com. Kampala. Retrieved 31 July 2017.