San Lorenzo, Paraguay
San Lorenzo Cathedral
|Elevation||146 m (479 ft)|
San Lorenzo (Spanish pronunciation: [san loˈɾenso]) is a city located in the Central Department in Paraguay. It is a suburb of Asunción, and the third most populous city in Paraguay. The National University of Asunción campus is located in San Lorenzo. The city is the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of San Lorenzo.
San Lorenzo was originally a Jesuit field known as Ñu Guazú. In 1767 the Jesuits were expelled from the country, and a town was established on August 10, 1775.
San Lorenzo is located in the Central Department of Paraguay, about 9km from the city center. It is a part of Gran Asunción. It borders the cities of Luque to the north, Ñemby to the south, Fernando de la Mora to the west, and Capiatá to the east.
- Altitude: 146 meters.
- Latitude: 25° 19' 59" S
- Longitude: 57° 31' 59" W
Media related to San Lorenzo, Paraguay at Wikimedia Commons