The DMZ at Ryerson University
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
The incubator was launched under the name Digital Media Zone in April 2010, a year after then-president Sheldon Levy announced his intention to make digital media a top priority for the university.
In 2015 DMZ was ranked the best university-based business incubator in North America by UBI Global and in 2018 UBI Global gave it the #1 ranking in the world, jointly with The SETsquared Partnership in the United Kingdom. Since it began the DMZ has helped 300 startups that have raised nearly $400 million and created in excess 3,000 jobs.
- "Ryerson as a City Builder". The Empire Club of Canada. 2009-03-05. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- "Ryerson helps budding inventors". Metro News. 2010-04-08. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- "DMZ A GIFT FOR ENTREPRENEURS". THE EYEOPENER. 2011-04-05. Retrieved 2012-07-18.
- "Ryerson University's tech startup incubator rebrands as DMZ on fifth anniversary". Financial Post. 2015-04-16. Retrieved 2015-04-20.
- "Three Canadian University Incubators Ranked Among World's Best". Techvibes. 2015-11-26. Retrieved 2016-10-20.
- "Ranking: Top Business Incubator - Managed by University - 2017/2018 | UBI Global". UBI Global. 2018-02-23. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- "Ryerson, U of T, York startup launchpads ranked among top university business incubators, accelerators". cbc.ca. Retrieved 2018-11-04.