|Director of Intelligence Bureau|
1 January 2017 – 26 June 2019
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Preceded by||Dineshwar Sharma|
|Succeeded by||Arvind Kumar|
|Born||March 17, 1957|
Rajiv Jain, a 1980 batch IPS officer was the Director of the Intelligence Bureau. The Director of the Intelligence Bureau is the senior most ranked IPS officer in the IB and the senior-most IPS officer of India. He is from the Jharkhand cadre and was appointed on January 1, 2017 as the 26th Director of Intelligence Bureau after the retirement of Dineshwar Sharma..
Rajiv Jain is the recipient of President’s Police Medal and has served in various departments of the Intelligence Bureau, including the sensitive Kashmir desk. He was the advisor to the previous NDA government’s interlocutor on Kashmir, KC Pant, when talks were held with separatist leaders like Shabbir Shah.
- "Disposition of IPS Officers" (PDF). Jharkhand Police. Retrieved 10 Oct 2015.
- Srinivas, Rajulapudi (2018-04-19). "IB Director meets Chief Minister, DGP". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2018-10-05.
- "Rajiv Jain Next Intelligence Bureau Chief, Anil Dhasmana to Head R&AW". News 18.com. Retrieved 17 Dec 2016.
- "Rajiv Jain to be new IB chief, Anil Dhasmana to head RA". Economic Times. Retrieved 17 Dec 2016.
- "Rajiv Jain to be new IB chief, Anil Dhasmana to head RAW". The Times of India. Retrieved 17 Dec 2016.
- "IPS officer Rajiv Jain | Free Press Journal". www.freepressjournal.in. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- "Anil Dhasmana is new R&AW chief; Rajiv Jain to be Intelligence Bureau (IB) chief". The Financial Express. 2016-12-17. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- "Who is Rajiv Jain, the new Intelligence Bureau chief?". Inshorts - Stay Informed. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- "Anil Dhasmana is new R&AW chief; Rajiv Jain to be Intelligence Bureau (IB) chief". The Financial Express. Retrieved 17 Dec 2016.
- "Rajiv Jain to become IB chief, Anil kumar Dhasmana will take charge of RAW". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 17 Dec 2016.