PostNord

Swedish krona Sweden Denmark
PostNord AB
State-owned company
Industrypostal service Edit this on Wikidata
Founded24 June 2009[1]
FounderDanish Government
Swedish Government
HeadquartersSolna, Sweden
Key people
Håkan Ericsson
(President & CEO)
ProductsMail, logistics
Revenue€3.7 billion/ SEK 37,669 million (2018)[2]
-855,000,000 Swedish krona[3] (2018) Edit this on Wikidata
€-0.1 billion/ SEK -1,067 million (2018)[2]
OwnerSweden (60%)
Denmark (40%)
Number of employees
29,596 (2018)[2]
SubsidiariesPost Danmark
Posten AB
Websitepostnord.com

PostNord AB is the name of the holding company of the two merged postal companies Posten AB and Post Danmark that were officially merged on 24 June 2009.[1][4] The name of the group was changed 17 May 2011 from Posten Norden to PostNord.[5]

President and CEO is Håkan Ericsson and Christian Jansson is the chairman.[6] The former president and CEO, Lars Idermark, resigned in December 2012 to take up the same positions in the forest group Södra.[7]

The Swedish state is the majority share holder with 60% and the remaining 40% is held by the Danish state.[8] Voting rights are shared equally (50/50).[8]

Operations

PostNord implemented a new organization in 2014 with three focus areas: Mail & Communication, logistics, and e-commerce.[citation needed]

Market

The logistics market in the Nordic region has had a relatively stable development. The Nordic logistics market that is relevant to PostNord equates to about SEK 150–190 billion. Demand for parcel services, the shipping of part and full loads and third-party logistics (TPL) has grown, while the trend for demand in Air & Ocean has been weaker.[citation needed]

The market for mail has declined fairly much in both countries, in part due to electronic invoicing and electronic mailboxes. This has caused losses for the company.

PostNord operates in all the Nordic countries and Germany, and via its subsidiary Direct Link it also runs international operations in the form of distribution solutions[buzzword] for lightweight goods and it is part of the DPD network for global logistics solutions.[buzzword][citation needed]

Sponsoring

PostNord has been the sponsor of the Finland national basketball team.

References

  1. ^ a b "Postfusion er på plads" (in Danish). business.dk. 24 June 2009. Archived from the original on 26 June 2009. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
  2. ^ a b c "Year-end report 2018 Report" (PDF). Posten Norden AB. 23 March 2018. p. 5. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
  3. ^ https://www.postnord.com/globalassets/global/sverige/dokument/rapporter/arsredovisningar/2018/postnord_eng_190327_index_final.pdf; retrieved: May 2019.
  4. ^ "Svensk-dansk postfusion formellt klar" (in Swedish). di.se. 24 June 2009. Retrieved 24 June 2009.
  5. ^ "Posten Norden Group changes name to PostNord". PostNord AB. 17 May 2011. Archived from the original on 8 September 2012. Retrieved 19 May 2011.
  6. ^ "Håkan Ericsson". PostNord. 30 September 2013. Archived from the original on 27 January 2014. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
  7. ^ "Lars Idermark resigns from PostNord". PostNord. 11 December 2012. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
  8. ^ a b "About Us". PostNord. 26 September 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2014.