Party of Sardinians
|Chamber of Deputies|
0 / 630
0 / 315
0 / 73
|Regional Council of Sardinia|
0 / 60
In July 2012 Franciscu Sedda and Ornella Demuru, husband and wife, left Project Republic of Sardinia (ProgReS), a party they were instrumental to launch, over disagreements with the new party leadership and the rise of Michela Murgia, a writer who was headed to become the party's candidate in the 2014 regional election.
In July 2013 Sedda launched the PdS along with Paolo Maninchedda, a splinter from the Sardinian Action Party (PSd'Az). At the first party congress Sedda declared: "Let's start to think and act as a state and a nation, and self-determination will come, maybe not today, but much sooner than we think". The PdS, which long sought an alliance with the centre-left led by the Democratic Party (PD), was welcomed in the coalition, along with the Red Moors and Independence Republic of Sardinia.
In the regional election, which took place in February 2014, the party won 2.7% of the vote and two regional councillors. In December 2017 Sedda and Maninchedda exchanged leadership roles: the former, who used to be secretary, became president, while the latter, who used to be president, became secretary.
- Secretary: Franciscu Sedda (2013–2017), Paolo Maninchedda (2017–present)
- President: Paolo Maninchedda (2013–2017), Franciscu Sedda (2017–present)
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2019). "Sardinia/Italy". Parties and Elections in Europe. Retrieved 26 March 2019.
- Party's Manifesto
- Anche ProgReS si sfascia! Franciscu Sedda, Ornella Demuru e tanti altri abbandonano il partito indipendentista, schiacciati dalle ambizioni di… Michela Murgia! - vitobiolchini
- Perché ProgReS e Michela Murgia pensano di essere intoccabili? Perché negano l’evidenza? Perché vogliono decidere cosa è una notizia e cosa non lo è? - vitobiolchini
- Ecco il Partito dei sardi di Maninchedda "Pronti ad alleanza col centrosinistra" - Politica - L'Unione Sarda
- Sardegna - Elezioni Regionali del 16 febbraio 2014 - la Repubblica.it