|Traded as||AMEX: NHC|
Russell 2000 Component
|Revenue||$958.69 million (As of 2017[update])|
National HealthCare Corporation is an American healthcare services provider. The company was founded in 1971 and is based in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. The services of the company include long-term diverse nursing and rehabilitative care to healthcare centers, facilities and hospitals in 11 states primarily in the southeastern United States. As of December, 2011, the number of the health care centers that are operated by the company reached 75 with a total of 9,456 licensed beds. As of December 2013, the company owns and operates 69 nursing facilities, 15 assisted living centers, 5 living centers with 38 homecare programs.
The company offers its hospice services under the name of Solaris Hospice, which is the wholly owned subsidiary of the company. It also collaborated with Caris Health Care to develop hospice services and deliver its services to over 1,000 patients in 25 locations every day. In 2013, the company completed the acquisition of six skilled health care centers from National Health Investors, Inc. The company has a market capitalization (As of December 2017[update]) of $951.93 million with an enterprise value of $1.03 billion.
- "NHC Key Statistics | National Healthcare Corporation Stock - Yahoo! Finance". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2017-12-18.
- "NHC Profile | National HealthCare Corporation Stock - Yahoo! Finance". Finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "NHC Stock Quote - National Healthcare Corp. Stock Price Today". Marketwatch.com. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "National HealthCare Corporation: NYSEMKT:NHC quotes & news". Google.com. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "National Healthcare Corp (NHC.A) Quote Reuters.com". Reuters.com. Retrieved 2014-03-03.
- "NHC Announces Renewal of $75 Million Credit Line". Yahoo Finance. October 23, 2013. Retrieved 2014-03-04.