National University of Modern Languages
قومی جامعہ برائے جدید لسانیات
|Motto||We teach how to Think, not What to Think|
|Chancellor||President of Pakistan|
|Rector||Maj Gen Muhammad Jaffar HI (M)|
|Director General||Brig.Muhammad Ibrahim|
|Colours||Blue, white, yellow|
|Affiliations||Higher Education Commission (Pakistan), Pakistan Academy of Letters, Pakistan Engineering Council, Association of Commonwealth Universities|
The National University of Modern Languages (NUMLs) is a public university with its main campus located in Islamabad, Pakistan and other satellite campuses in different cities of Pakistan. It was established as an institute in 1969 and upgraded to university on May 29, 2000. It offers undergraduate and post-graduate programs in languages, linguistics, social sciences, communications, engineering, management sciences and computer sciences. It is one of the largest university in the country. In 2013, the university was ranked in top 15 by the Higher Education Commission (Pakistan) (HEC) "general category" ranking.
Faculties and departments
Faculty of Engineering and Computer Sciences
- Department of Engineering students
- Department of Computer Sciences
Faculty of English Studies
- Department of English for Under-Graduate Studies
- Department of English for Graduate Studies
- Department of English for Functional Courses
Faculty of Management Studies
- NUML School of Business
- Department of Governance and Policy Department
Faculty of Social Sciences
- Department of Education
- Department of International Relations
- Department of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of Pakistan Studies
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Department of Applied Psychology
Campuses of the university are located in following cities:
- ACU Publications. "ACU Members - Asia - Central and South". ACU Publications. ACU Publications. Archived from the original on 21 September 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- Google maps services. "Address and locations of National University of Modern Languages (NUML)". Google maps services. Retrieved 4 April 2014.
- HEC. "HEC University rankings". Govt Pakistan. HIgher Education Commission. Archived from the original on 13 November 2013. Retrieved 4 April 2014.