National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences
|FAST Institute of Computer Science|
الذی علم بالقلم۔ علم الانسان ما لم يعلم۔
Motto in English
|Who has taught by the pen, has taught man that which he knew not. ~ Al-Quran (A verse from Holy Book of Muslims).|
|Foundation for Advancement of Science and Technology|
(Established in 1980)
|Rector||Muhammad Ayub Alvi|
|Dean||Muhammad Ayub Alvi|
|Campus||Faisalabad, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar, Islamabad|
|Colours||Bleu de France, amber|
|Affiliations||Higher Education Commission|
Pakistan Engineering Council
The National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences (Initials: NUCES) (نیشنل یونیورسٹی آف کمپیوٹر اینڈ ایمرجنگ سائنسز), also commonly known as "Foundation for Advancement of Science and Technology" (FAST), is a private research university with multiple campuses system in Pakistan.
The university has five campuses based in different cities and was the first multi-campus university in Pakistan. These campuses located in Chiniot-Faisalabad, Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar. It was inaugurated by President Pervez Musharraf in 2000. It is consistently ranked among the leading institutions of higher education in the country and top in computer sciences and information technology by the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan in 2010. Its engineering programs have been accredited with Pakistan Engineering Council. It also give financial aid to their students based on Qarz-e-Hasna (Interest free loan) by Open Source Applications Foundation (OSAF).
Bachelors Bachelor of Business Administration, BS (Accounting & Finance), BS (Artificial Intelligence), BS (Civil Engineering), BS (Computer Science), BS (Cyber Security and Digital Forensics), BS (Data Science), BS (Electrical Engineering), and BS (Software Engineering)
Masters Master of Business Administration, MS (Accounting & Finance), MS (Applied Linguistics), MS (Civil Engineering), MS (Computer Network and Security), MS (Computer Science), MS (Data Science), MS (Electrical Engineering), MS (English Language Teaching), MS (Management Sciences), MS (Mathematics), MS (Software Engineering), and MS (Software Project Management)
PhD PhD (Civil Engineering) , PhD (Computer Science) , PhD (Electrical Engineering), PhD (Management Sciences), PhD (Mathematics) , and PhD (Software Engineering)
The Foundation of Advancement of Science and Technology was founded and established by Bank of Credit and Commerce International financier Hasan Abidi which provided a large financial capital for the university to promote research in computer sciences and emerging technologies in 1980. Later this foundation established National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences inaugurated by Former President and Chief of Army Staff General Pervez Musharraf in 2000.
- Fawad Afzal Khan – Actor, singer, model
- Farhan Saeed – Actor, singer
- Xulfi – Musician, singer, music producer, song composer
- Mir Zafar Ali – Visual effects artist who won an Academy Award for the animated film Frozen (2013)
- Osman Khalid Butt – Actor
- Hania Amir – Actress, singer
- Abdullah Qureshi – Singer, songwriter
- Mohiuddin Jahangir – Army
- Accredited universities, institutions' list issued Dawn (newspaper), Published 14 February 2004, Retrieved 10 February 2020
- "Address and location of National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences". Google Maps website. Retrieved 10 February 2020.
- University Overview of National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences on UniRank website (University Rankings by an international website) Retrieved 10 February 2020
- "A Government-recognized university (HEC Listings)". Higher Education Commission (Pakistan) website. Archived from the original on 13 November 2013. Retrieved 10 February 2020.
- "Accredited Engineering Programmes in Pakistan(First Schedule)". Pakistan Engineering Council website. Retrieved 10 February 2020.
- IT pioneer in Pakistan, FAST eyes more programmes in future The News International (newspaper), Published 21 May 2014, Retrieved 10 February 2020