|Occupation||Economist and academic|
Douch was born in Morocco. He received his B.A. in Economics from Université Mohammed V in 1997 and his M.Sc. in Financial Economics from The Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) in 2001. In 2006, he received his Ph.D. from The Université du Québec à Montréal. After receiving his Ph.D, he was named an assistant professor at the department of Politics and Economics, the Royal Military College of Canada.
Douch is a member of the American Economic Association, the Canadian Economics Association and a research fellow at the Centre for International and Defence (CIDP) and at the John Deutsch Institute for the Study of Economic Policy (JDI), Queen's University.
Douch has presented numerous papers at international conferences. He published numerous articles in the fields of Macroeconomics, financial economics and defense economics. He is also a reviewer for number of international journals.
- Douch, M. (2006). Essays in Open Economy and Monetary Macroeconomics (Thesis Diss.). ISBN 9780494236109 – via ProQuest Edition.
- Douch, M. (2010). "The Macroeconomic Effects of Monetary Policy and Financial Crisis". The Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. Çankaya University. 7 (1).
- Douch, M.; Essaddam, N. (2010). "Monetary policy conduct: A hybrid framework". Journal of Economics and International Finance. 2 (7).
- Douch, M.; Essaddam, N. (2013). "Short and Long-Term Effects of the 9/11 Events on Stock Returns: The Case of U.S. Defense Firms". Journal of Applied Finance & Banking. 3 (3).
- Douch, M.; Solomon, B. (2014). "Middle Powers and the Demand for Military Expenditures". Defence and Peace Economics. Francis & Taylor. 24 (6).
- Douch, M.; Farooq, O.; Bouaddi, M. (2015). "Stock Price Synchronicity and Tails of Return Distribution". Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money. 37: 1–11. doi:10.1016/j.intfin.2015.04.003.
- Douch, M.; Solomon, B. (2016). "A Dynamic Panel Analysis Using SIPRI's Extended Military Expenditure Data: The Case of Middle Power Nations". The Economics of Peace and Security Journal. 11 (2). doi:10.15355/epsj.11.2.45.
- "Royal Military College of Canada". Royal Military College of Canada. Retrieved 8 January 2018.
- "Page Personelle M. Douch". M. Douch. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "UQAM web site - Répertoire des mémoires- 2001".
- "UQAM web site- Répertoire des thèses - 2006".
- "CIDP web site". Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "JDI web site". Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- "Publons web site". Retrieved 6 January 2018.