|Limited Liability (TNHH)|
|Founded||16 April 1993|
|Cao Duy Hải (CEO)|
|Products||Mobile networks, Telecom services|
|Revenue||40.8 Trillion VND (around $4bn)|
|6.6 trillion VND (around $330m)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group|
Vietnam Mobile Telecom Services One Member Limited Liability Company (with the brand MobiFone Vietnamese: Tổng công ty Viễn Thông MobiFone) is a major Vietnamese mobile network operator headquartered in Trung Hoa Nhan Chinh, Hanoi. Founded on 16 April 1993, as a Global System for Mobile Communications launcher, MobiFone is the first and currently third largest telecommunications provider in Vietnam.
MobiFone had a market share (estimated based on revenues) of 17.9% in 2012. Its main competitors are Viettel with 40.67% market share and Vinaphone with 30%, which is also owned by VNPT. Together, the big three control almost 90% of the market, with the rest controlled by Vietnamobile with 8%, Gmobile (formerly Beeline) with 3.2% and S-Fone with 0.1%.
- Become the corporation under the Ministry of Information and communication called MobiFone Telecommunications Corporation.
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Centre VI.0AA
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Centre V.
- The Value Added Services Centre was founded.
- MobiFone ranked as the first position in the Vietnam’s mobile telephony subscription market share.
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Centre IV.
- Liquidated the business cooperation contract with Kinnevik/Comvik (Sweden).
- The State of Vietnam and Ministry of Posts and Telematics (now is Ministry of Information and Communications) decided to sell equity.
- Mr. Le Ngoc Minh became director after the retirement of Mr. Dinh Van Phuoc.
- Committed a business cooperation contract with Kinnevik/Comvik (Sweden).
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Centre III.
- Foundation of the Mobile Telecom Services Centre I & II.
- Foundation of Vietnam Mobile Telecom Services Company.
- Director is Mr Dinh Van Phuoc.