Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)
Coat of Arms of Uganda
|Jurisdiction||Government of Uganda|
The Ministry of Local Government (MOLG), is a cabinet-level government ministry of Uganda. It is responsible for the "creation, supervision and guidance of sustainable, efficient and effective service delivery in the decentralized system of governance. The ministry is responsible for the harmonization and support of all local government functions, to cause positive socio-economic transformation of Uganda". The ministry is headed by a cabinet minister, currently Tom Butime.
The headquarters of the ministry are located on the 4th Floor of Workers House, on Pilkington Avenue, in the Central Division of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city. The coordinates of the ministry headquarters are 0°18'49.0"N, 32°34'57.0"E (Latitude:0.313611; Longitude:32.582500).
Administratively, the ministry is divided into the following directorates and departments.
- 1. Directorate of Local Government Inspection
- Department of District Inspection
- Department of Urban Inspection
- 2. Directorate of Local Government Administration
- Department of District Administration
- Department of Local Councils Development
- Department of Urban Administration
- Department of Finance and Administration
- GOU (10 October 2016). "Ministry of Local Government". Kampala: Government of Uganda (GOU). Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- Staff Reporter (21 June 2016). "Uganda: New Cabinet Swears in Today". The Independent (Uganda). Kampala. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- MOLG (10 October 2016). "Ministry of Local Government (Uganda): Contact Us". Kampala: Uganda Ministry of Local Government (MOLG). Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- Google (10 October 2016). "Location of the Headquarters of Ministry of Local Government (Uganda)" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- Uganda State House (6 June 2016). "Museveni's new cabinet list At 6 June 2016" (PDF). Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 6 June 2016.