|24th Canadian Ambassador to the United Nations|
April 1, 2016 – July 31, 2020
|Preceded by||Guillermo Rishchynski|
|Succeeded by||Bob Rae|
|Born||November 10, 1965|
Marc-André Blanchard (born November 10, 1965) is a Canadian executive, lawyer and former diplomat. He served as Permanent Representative of Canada to the United Nations, from April 1, 2016 until July 31, 2020.
In 2017, he was named as a member of Canada's North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Council. On May 3, 2018 he was named as Canada's Representative to the Ismaili Imamat, an announcement coinciding with the Canadian Diamond Jubilee visit of the Aga Khan. Blanchard retired from his diplomatic postings on July 31, 2020.
Effective September 8, 2020, he is an executive vice-president of pension fund manager Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in charge of its CDPQ Global division, with responsibility for the United States/Latin America, Europe and Asia/Pacific.
Prior to his appointment to the United Nations, Blanchard was chairman and CEO of McCarthy Tétrault, one of Canada's largest law firms, and was president of the Quebec Liberal Party from 2000 to 2008. He served on Justin Trudeau's transition team following the 2015 election.
In 2013, Blanchard was named among the 25 most influential lawyers in Canada by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, and Catalyst Canada awarded him the CEO Recognition Award for his leadership in gender diversity.
- Apéro montréalais à l'hôtel 10 Chambre de commerce du Montréal métropolitain
- "Trudeau picks close allies as ambassadors to U.S. and UN". The Globe and Mail, January 16, 2016.
- "Diplomatic Appointments". Global Affairs Canada. 2016-01-16. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Canadian Club - Ambassador Marc-Andre Blanchard - Media Events". Media Events. 2017-10-16. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- "Diplomatic Appointments". Global Affairs Canada. 2018-05-18. Retrieved 2019-06-12.
- "Canada’s Most Powerful Business People 2016: #43 — Marc-André Blanchard". Canadian Business, November 17, 2015.
- "Jean Charest returns to legal practice, joins Bay Street firm". The Globe and Mail, January 10, 2013.
- "Government of Canada appoints H.E. Marc-André Blanchard, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Canada to the UN, as Canada's Representative to the Ismaili Imamat". Ismailimail. 2018-05-04. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- "Advocatus Emeritus 2017 - Le Barreau du Québec annonce les récipiendaires de la distinction Avocat émérite". www.newswire.ca (in French). Retrieved 2018-05-30.