|President of the Comoros|
26 May 2011 – 26 May 2016
|Vice President||Fouad Mohadji|
Mohamed Ali Soilih
|Preceded by||Ahmed Abdallah Mohamed|
|Succeeded by||Azali Assoumani|
|Vice President of the Comoros|
Serving with Idi Nadhoim
|President||Ahmed Abdallah Mohamed Sambi|
|Preceded by||Caabi El-Yachroutu Mohamed|
Rachidi ben Massonde
|Succeeded by||Fouad Mohadji|
Mohamed Ali Soilih
|Born||14 August 1962|
|Political party||Baobab Movement|
Dhoinine won the 2010 Comorian presidential election, in which he received the most votes in the first round (28.19%). He faced Mohamed Said Fazul and Abdou Djabir in a run-off election and received 61.12% to win the Presidency. A member of the ruling party, Dhoinine was supported in the election by incumbent President Ahmed Abdallah Mohamed Sambi. Previously, he had worked in the Ministry of Finance as the Vice-President in charge of Budget and Women's Entrepreneurship. From 26 March to 31 March 2008, he was the provisional President of Anjouan, an island in the Comoros.
Dhoinine served for five years as deputy to outgoing president Ahmed Abdallah Mohamed Sambi.
At his inauguration Dhoinine pledged to "stop at nothing in the fight against corruption". As such he initiated the National Commission for the Prevention and Fight Against Corruption and the Regulatory Authority for Public Procurement to increase transparency.
- "Présidence de l'Union des Comores [Site officiel]". 3 October 2011. Archived from the original on 3 October 2011.
- Dhoinine leading Comoros poll News24.com, 8 November 2010
- Members of the Government of the Union of Comoros Archived 2011-07-22 at the Wayback Machine United Nations
- Comoros Worldstatesmen.org
- "Comoros islanders elect Ikililou Dhoinine as president". BBC News. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Comoros profile". BBC News. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Actualité des Comores / Indice de perception de la corruption 2013 : Les Comores de mieux en mieux notées! / Al-Watwan, quotidien comorien". alwatwan.net. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "African First Ladies to Start Arriving Gambia Today - Ahead of Crucial Women Forum". The Daily Observer. AllAfrica.com. 2014-05-23. Retrieved 2014-05-25.