High Commission of Pakistan, Ottawa
|High Commission of Pakistan, Ottawa|
|Location||Sandy Hill, Ottawa|
|Address||10 Range Road|
It overlooks Strathcona Park and beyond it the Rideau River. The building was constructed for future Supreme Court Chief Justice Francis Anglin in 1912. It was designed by prominent Ottawa architect Werner Ernst Noffke. The building was purchased by Pakistan in 2004 for $1.6 million under the ambassadorial tenure of Shahid Malik. Before this the embassy had been located in an office building on Slater Street in downtown. The embassy had previously been located in Sandy Hill, but in 1975 it had been gutted by fire. The ambassadorial residence is located at 190 Coltrin Road in Rockcliffe Park.
List of High Commissioners in Canada
- Raza Bashir Tarar (2019 – present)
- Tariq Azim Khan (2015 – 2018)
- Mian Gul Akbar Zeb
- Shahid Malik
- Musa Javed Chohan
- Naela Chohan
- Farouk Rana, 1996
- Canada revises travel advisory for Pakistan Dawn (newspaper), Published 7 September 2018, Retrieved 3 February 2020
- *Kirkwood, Diane. "10 Range Road (address of High Commission of Pakistan in Canada)". Diana Kirkwood.com. Archived from the original on 13 October 2007. Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- Canada asked to move visa centre back to Islamabad Dawn (newspaper), Published 5 April 2019, Retrieved 3 February 2020