Canada–Malaysia relations refers to bilateral foreign relations between the two countries, Canada and Malaysia. Canada has a high commission in Kuala Lumpur, and Malaysia has a high commission in Ottawa. Both countries are full members of the Commonwealth of Nations. Canada has a long history of close and friendly bilateral relations with Malaysia and was the first country to recognise Malaysia's independence.
Science and technologies
Canada's trade relationship with Malaysia includes commerce across several sectors. Malaysia is also one of the members of the Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership which Canada joined in 2012. In 2018, Canada seeking to enhanced the trade relations with the Malaysian state of Sabah especially in infrastructure, energy, information and communications technology, water treatment and waste since it has expertise in these areas as well in education.
High Commission of Malaysia, Ottawa
|High Commission of Malaysia in Ottawa|
|Address||60 Boteler Street|
|High Commissioner||Dato' Aminahtun Karim Shaharudin|
|Website||High Commission of Malaysia, Ottawa|
The High Commission of Malaysia in Ottawa is Malaysia's primary diplomatic mission in Canada. It is located at 60 Boteler Street in Ottawa ( ). The first High Commissioner of Malaysia to Canada was Tan Sri Ong Yoke Lin, who was appointed in April 1967.
The current High Commissioner of Malaysia to Canada is Her Excellency Dato' Nor' Aini Abd Hamid, since September 2019, who replaced Her Excellency Dato' Aminahtun (from 2016-2018), and prior to her, Her Excellency Dato' Hayati Ismail (2011-2015).
High Commission of Canada, Kuala Lumpur
|High Commission of Canada in Kuala Lumpur|
|Location||50400 Kuala Lumpur|
|Address||17th Floor, Menara Tan & Tan 207 Jalan Tun Razak|
|High Commissioner||Judith St. George|
|Website||High Commission of Canada in Malaysia|
The High Commission of Canada in Malaysia is found in Kuala Lumpur. The High Commissioner since November 2017 is Julia G. Bentley. There is also a consulate headed by an honorary consul in Penang.
- "High Commission of Canada to Malaysia". Government of Canada. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Official Website of High Commission of Malaysia, Ottawa". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Canada-Malaysia Relations". Government of Canada. 6 March 2009. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- Oxford Business Group (8 December 2014). The Report: Malaysia 2014. Oxford Business Group. pp. 146–. ISBN 978-1-910068-08-3.
- "Canada's Governor-General, in Malaysia, discusses strengthening ties in science, technology". EurekAlert!. 15 November 2011. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Bright prospects for Malaysia-Canada bilateral trade". The Star. 14 February 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Potential High For Expanding Canada-Malaysia Relations". Bernama. 24 July 2009. Archived from the original on 24 October 2014. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Canada joins Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations" (Press release). Government of New Zealand. 20 June 2012. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Canada wants to enhance ties with Sabah". The Borneo Post. 24 July 2018. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- "Canada wants to up trade". Daily Express. 24 July 2018. Archived from the original on 25 July 2018. Retrieved 25 July 2018.
- General, Office of the Secretary to the Governor (5 September 2019). "Presentation of Letters of Credence at Rideau Hall". The Governor General of Canada. Retrieved 14 February 2020.
- "Portal - Head of Mission". High Commission of Malaysia in Ottawa. 6 February 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "Contact and Office Information - Kuala Lumpur". High Commission of Canada in Kuala Lumpur. 8 December 2016. Retrieved 16 December 2016.
- "High Commissioner Judith St. George". High Commission of Canada in Kuala Lumpur. 21 November 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2016.