Golden Star Resources
|Traded as||TSX: GSC|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Golden Star is a gold mining company. The Company began production in Ghana in 1999. Golden Star holds a 90% interest in both the Prestea (formerly known as Bogoso/Prestea) and Wassa mines, situated on the Ashanti Gold Belt in western Ghana.
The Wassa Gold Mine is located in the southwestern region of Ghana, approximately 35 km northeast of the town of Tarkwa. It lies in the Birimian Province of the West African Precambrian shield, within the southern portion of the Ashanti Greenstone Belt. Ore is sourced from the single large Wassa Main Pit (open pit mine) and Wassa Underground (underground mine).
The Prestea Gold Mine is located in western Ghana, approximately 40 km from Wassa. The mine lies within the southern portion of the Ashanti Greenstone Belt, along the western margin of the belt.
Golden Star Resources Ltd shares are traded on:
- the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol "GSC",
- the NYSE MKT (NYSE MKT) under the symbol "GSS",
- the Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) under the symbol "GSR".
- "Golden Star Resources". Crunch Base. Retrieved 19 February 2020.
- "Golden Star Resources, Ltd (GSS) Company Profile & Facts - Yahoo Finance". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 19 February 2020.