Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
|Founded||3 May 1995|
New Delhi, Delhi, India
New Delhi, Delhi,
|Durga Shanker Mishra (Secretary of MoHUA & Chairman) |
Mangu Singh (Managing Director)
|Services||Delhi Metro, Consultancy and implementation of metro rail, monorail and high-speed rail|
|Owner||Government of India (50%) |
Government of Delhi (50%)
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Limited, abbreviated to DMRC, is a Centre-state Public Sector company that operates the Delhi Metro. The DMRC is also involved in the planning and implementation of metro rail, monorail, and high-speed rail projects in India and abroad. The work of DMRC is broadly fragmented into various parts namely Projects, Operation and Maintenance, Finance, Human Resources etc. which are controlled by the respective Directors under the direction of Managing Director.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. was created on 3 May 1995 with E. Sreedharan serving as the first managing director. Sreedharan handed over charge as MD of DMRC to Mangu Singh on 31 December 2011.
In 2010 Delhi Metro completed 10 years of operation, which was a major milestone to achieve. To mark its 10th anniversary, Delhi Metro introduced 8 coach train for the first time. A commemorative souvenir book titled “Delhi Metro: A Decade of Dedication, 10 Years of Metro Operations” was also launched. An exclusive 'METRO SONG-zindagi hai Delhi metro' composed by music director Vaibhav Saxena was also released and played at metro stations and FM stations.
DMRC received Outstanding PSU of the Year (2016) award conferred by All India Management Association (AIMA). DMRC was awarded for its "Outstanding Contribution" for promoting world class services in Urban Transportation and adopting best practices of Project Management.
Work on other projects
The DMRC has a business development department which is in charge of the consultancy services. DMRC has served as the project consultant and has prepared detailed project reports (DPR) for every metro and monorail project in India, except the Kolkata Metro and Chennai MRTS, which were constructed before the formation of the DMRC. The DMRC also provides lighter consultancy operations, such as preparation of DPRs and feasibility reports for proposed systems in places such as Raipur, Amritsar and Nagpur. DMRC also serves as consultant and prepared the DPR for the proposed. Thiruvananthapuram - Mangalore High-Speed Passenger Corridor.
In September 2012, DMRC entered into a partnership with eight other international companies for management consulting for the Jakarta Mass Rapid Transit system. This was the DMRC's first project outside India. The DMRC stated that its main responsibilities in the JV were the "finalisation of the organisational structure of the Jakarta Metro, recruitment of personnel, development of training facilities and the training of the employees for various categories required for commencing the operations".
Delhi Metro Rail Academy
DMRC trains its staff at the DMRA at Shastri Park, Delhi. It is the only metro rail training institute in South Asia. DMRC has trained 300 staff from Nama Metro, Kochi Metro, Chennai Metro, Rapid Metro Gurgaon and Jaipur Metro, and Noida Metro. It provides trained staff to new metros on temporary basis at initial stages.
DMRC in partnership with the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi offers a one-year postgraduate diploma in metro technology. The course produces 25 executives of various streams, viz. Electrical, Civil, Architecture, Signalling and Telecom, a year to staff metros across India. The Indian Institute of Technology Madras also offers a similar course for the Chennai Metro.
- "DMRC to join global club of metro networks having span of over 300 km".
- "Delhi Metro is now officially on Twitter Follow them @officialDMRC".
- "Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. – ABOUT US". Delhimetrorail.com. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Structure of Delhi Metro". DMRC. Archived from the original on 16 September 2010. Retrieved 17 September 2009.
- Dayal, Anuj. "To mark 10th anniversary of operations, Delhi metro to induct first eight coach train tomorrow; celebrations to continue for a week". delhi metro official site. DMRC. Retrieved 24 April 2020.
- Reporter, Staff (23 December 2012). "Metro to celebrate 10 years with eight-coach car". The Hindu. the hindu. the hindu. Retrieved 24 April 2020.
- metro, delhi. "Delhi Metro Official Anthem". youtube. delhi metro. Retrieved 24 April 2020.
- tyagi, avantika (31 January 2015). "blending music to create heady re(mix)". the times of india (TC NEXT). Times Of India. TOI. Retrieved 24 April 2020.
- "Subscribe to read". Financial Times. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Set up sister firm for consultancy: MoUD to Delhi Metro". The Indian Express. 29 January 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "city anchor: Delhi on track, now Metro offers expertise to Jakarta – Indian Express". Indianexpress.com. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Come, be our consultant: Kuwait to Delhi Metro". Indianexpress.com. 6 February 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- India, Press Trust of (23 September 2012). "Delhi Metro bags contract in Indonesia". Business Standard. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Delhi Metro Rail Corporation goes global with Indonesian Metro job". Indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2 November 2012. Retrieved 25 September 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "DMRC named interim consultant for Lucknow Metro project". Business Standard. 10 September 2013. Retrieved 19 October 2017.
- "Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. – Latest Tender". Delhimetrorail.com. Retrieved 19 October 2017.