Cross Roads, Jamaica
Cross Roads is a primarily commercial neighbourhood of Kingston, Jamaica. It is centered on the intersection of five major roads: Slipe Road, Half Way Tree Road, Old Hope Road, Caledonia Avenue and Marescaux Road.
It is perhaps the geographical centre of Kingston.
- Cross Roads Police Station.
- Cross Roads Bus Station - a major transport hub for buses and taxis.
- Cross Roads Post Office.
- Cross Roads Market.
- Carib 5 cinema - a 5 screen multiplex since the late 1990s but originally a 1,750 seater designed by John Pike and opening in 1938. The exterior walls are original and retain their impressive 1930s styling.
- The Nuttall Memorial Hospital.
- BW Higman; B J Hudson (2009). Jamaican Place Names (Softcover) (1st ed.). Kingston, Jamaica: University of the West Indies Press. p. 224. ISBN 9789766402174. Retrieved 4 November 2013.
- UK Directorate of Overseas Surveys 1:10,000 map of Kingston sheet 3, 1972.
- "Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!". Retrieved 18 October 2014.
- "Cross Roads". Wikimapia. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- Harris, Warren G. "Carib Theatre". Cinema Treasures, LLC. Retrieved 24 November 2012.