Counties of Albania
|Counties of Albania|
|Location||Republic of Albania|
|Populations||59,381 (Gjirokastër)–906,166 (Tiranë)|
|Areas||766 km2 (296 sq mi) (Durrës)–3,711 km2 (1,433 sq mi) (Korçë)|
|Government||County Government, National Government|
The counties of Albania (Albanian: Qarqet e Shqipërisë) are the first-level administrative territorial entities of the Republic of Albania. These 12 counties are subdivided into 61 municipalities, the second-level administrative territorial entities, which consist of 373 administrative units.
List of counties
- List of counties of Albania by population
- List of counties of Albania by population density
- List of counties of Albania by Gross Domestic Product
- List of counties of Albania by Human Development Index
- "Ligj Nr. 115/2014 për ndarjen Administrativoterritoriale të Njësive të Qeverisjes Vendore në Republikën e Shqiperisë" (PDF) (in Albanian). Tirana: Fletorja Zyrtare E Republikës Së Shqipërisë. 1 September 2014. pp. 89–114. Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 October 2019. Retrieved 24 July 2020.
- "A Brief History of the Administrative-territorial Organization in Albania". reformaterritoriale.al. Archived from the original on 2017-06-09. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
- "Popullsia në 1 Janar sipas qarqeve dhe gjinisë 2001 - 2020" (in Albanian). Instituti i Statistikës (INSTAT). Retrieved 22 July 2020.