|• Mayor (2008–14)||Jean-Claude Dumont|
|11.46 km2 (4.42 sq mi)|
|• Density||88/km2 (230/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||47–147 m (154–482 ft) |
(avg. 112 m or 367 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The river Ailette forms most of the commune's southern border.
- Henri Carette
- Moses ben Jacob of Coucy
- Xavier Gargan
- César de Vendôme, (b. June 7, 1594)
- Ferdinand Stanislas Bigot (May 6, 1809 – 1890), mayor of Coucy-le-Château in the 1870s
- François Pipelet de Leury, (1722–1809), director of the Royal Academic Surgery, doctor of the royal family, mayor of Coucy-le-Château for thirty years. Lieutenant of the first surgeon for the king.
- Enguerrand VII de Coucy
Points of interests
- Ruins of the Château de Coucy. The modern town is squeezed into the space within the medieval walls.
- A medieval garden
- Domaine de la Grangère (a green space for the garden of the governor's house at the time) - landmark classified in 1931
- A church - rebuilt after World War I.
- The forest nearby Coucy is the place where the Paris Gun was located and first used in WWI.