|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
The Constituency councils are somewhat similar to parish councils that existed in Barbados at one time, mainly to communicate local opinion to larger bodies in the central government.
The Constituency Councils are a return toward providing Barbadians with a form of local governance. In the 1960s local government councils were an official part of the Barbadian Government.
Initial startup funding for the councils was made by the People's Republic of China to the Prime Minister and the people of Barbados during a state visit made by the Barbadian head of Government to China.
Within each Constituency will be Constituency Empowerment Centres.
- Districts of Barbados (Defunct)
- Parishes of Barbados
- List of Parliamentary constituencies in Barbados
- "The 2008 budget of Barbados" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-05-26. Retrieved 2008-11-22.
- "Inaugural Meeting on Constituency Councils Sunday". Barbados Government Information Service (BGIS). 2008-05-28. Retrieved 2008-11-21.[dead link]
- "Prime Buildings To Be Renovated". Barbados Integrated Government Portal: Government Information Service News. 2008-07-25. Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2008-11-21.