Collège de Valleyfield

Quebec CEGEP Salaberry-de-Valleyfield
Valleyfield College
Collège de Valleyfield
Collège de Valleyfield - 2.jpg
Former name
Séminaire Saint-Thomas-d'Aquin
Typepublic CEGEP
Director GeneralSuzie Grondin
Academic staff
Administrative staff
Undergraduatespre-university, technical, and continuing education students
169 Champlain Street
, , ,
45°15′10″N 74°07′59″W / 45.2528°N 74.1331°W / 45.2528; -74.1331
Colours         Black and Gold
NicknameNoir et Or
WebsiteCollège de Valleyfield

Collège de Valleyfield is a College of general and vocational education (CEGEP) in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Quebec, Canada. It is located at 169 Champlain Street. It was established in 1896, and became public in 1967.


In 1892, the mayor of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, John H. Sullivan, began to work with his councillors to found a classical college. In 1895, a building was erected to accommodate 27 students while awaiting construction on Champlain Street of the current Valleyfield College. On September 5, 1896, Valleyfield College opened its doors. In 1925, due to a law, Valleyfield College became the Valleyfield Seminary or the "St-Thomas d'Aquin Seminary". It was renamed Valleyfield College when it became public in August 1967. It is one of the twelve founding CEGEPs of the public college education system in Quebec.

External links