Coast of Bays—Central—Notre Dame
|Newfoundland and Labrador electoral district|
|Federal electoral district|
|Legislature||House of Commons|
|District webpage||profile, map|
|Pop. density (per km²)||1.8|
|Census subdivisions||Bishop's Falls, Botwood, Fogo Island, Gander, Grand Falls-Windsor, Lewisporte, Springdale, Twillingate|
Coast of Bays—Central—Notre Dame is a federal electoral district in Newfoundland and Labrador. It was created from the portions of the island of Newfoundland previously included in the electoral districts of Bonavista—Gander—Grand Falls—Windsor (72%), Humber—St. Barbe—Baie Verte (18%) and Random—Burin—St. George's (10%).
Coast of Bays—Central—Notre Dame was created by the 2012 federal electoral boundaries redistribution and was legally defined in the 2013 representation order. It came into effect upon the call of the 42nd Canadian federal election, scheduled for October 2015.
Languages: 99.7% English, 0.2% French
Religions (2011): 92.9% Christian (19.90% Catholic, 19.64% Anglican, 19.04% Pentecostal, 15.12% United Church, 18.78% Other), 0.21% Other, 6.7% No religion
Median Income (2015): $26,810
The riding of Coast of Bays—Central—Notre Dame was created in 2013 from the electoral districts of Random—Burin—St. George's, Bonavista—Gander—Grand Falls—Windsor and Avalon. It was the first election result called for in the 2015 Canadian federal election.
|Coast of Bays—Central—Notre Dame
Riding created from Random—Burin—St. George's,
Humber—St. Barbe—Baie Verte and
2019 general election
|2019 Canadian federal election|
|Conservative||Alex Bracci||12,081||35.3||+17.02||none listed|
|New Democratic||Noel Joe||4,224||12.4||+6.26||$6,009.07|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||34,182||100.0||120,385.86|
|Total rejected ballots||770||2.2||+1.79|
|Source: Elections Canada|
2015 general election
|2015 Canadian federal election|
|New Democratic||Claudette Menchenton||2,175||6.14||–7.49||$3,416.01|
|Total valid votes/Expense limit||35,448||100.00||$238,355.39|
|Total rejected ballots||145||0.41||–|
|Liberal notional hold||Swing||+15.97|
|Source: Elections Canada|
|2011 federal election redistributed results|
- Statistics Canada: 2012
- Report – Newfoundland and Labrador
- Timeline for the Redistribution of Federal Electoral Districts
- Government of Canada, Statistics Canada (2017-02-08). "Census Profile, 2016 Census - Coast of Bays--Central--Notre Dame [Federal electoral district], Newfoundland and Labrador and Newfoundland and Labrador [Province]". www12.statcan.gc.ca. Retrieved 2020-08-19.
- Government of Canada, Statistics Canada (2013-05-08). "2011 National Household Survey Profile - Federal electoral district (2013 Representation Order)". www12.statcan.gc.ca. Retrieved 2020-08-20.
- "List of confirmed candidates". Elections Canada. Retrieved October 3, 2019.
- "Election Night Results". Elections Canada. Retrieved November 6, 2019.
- "October 19, 2015 Election Results — Coast of Bays—Central—Notre Dame (Validated results)". Elections Canada. 23 October 2015. Retrieved 24 October 2015.
- Elections Canada – Preliminary Election Expenses Limits for Candidates Archived August 15, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
- Pundits' Guide to Canadian Elections