Canadian Senate Standing Committee on Social Affairs, Science and Technology
It has a mandate to examine legislation and matters relating to social affairs, science and technology generally, including: (1) veterans affairs; (2) Indian and Inuit affairs; (3) cultural affairs and the arts; (4) social and labour matters; (5) health and welfare; (6) pensions; (7) housing; (8) fitness and amateur sport; (9) employment and immigration; (10) consumer affairs; and (11) youth affairs (Rule 86(1)(m)).
From 1984-2000 the Committee in each session established a Subcommittee on Veterans Affairs to examine matters pertaining specifically to Canadian veterans.
- Deputy Chair, Chantal Petitclerc, ISG - (Quebec - Grandville)
- Deputy Chair, Judith Seidman, C - (Quebec - De la Durantaye)
- Wanda Thomas Bernard, ISG - (Nova Scotia - East Preston)
- Jane Cordy, Lib. - (Nova Scotia)
- Tony Dean, ISG - (Ontario)
- Fabian Manning, C - (Newfoundland and Labrador)
- Marie-Françoise Mégie, ISG - (Quebec - Rougemont)
- Jim Munson, Lib. - (Ontario - Ottawa / Rideau Canal)
- Ratna Omidvar, ISG - (Ontario)
- Don Plett, C - (Manitoba - Landmark)
- Rose-May Poirier, C - (New Brunswick - Saint-Louis-de-Kent)