Canadian Consulate-General, Boston
|Consulate General of Canada in Boston|
|Address||Three Copley Place, Suite 400|
|Ambassador||David N. Alward|
The Consulate-General of Canada in Boston (French: Consulat général du Canada à Boston) is a diplomatic mission of Canada located in Suite 400 of Three Copley Place in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. The geographical jurisdiction of the Boston office covers the New England states of Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont; in addition to Saint Pierre and Miquelon, an overseas collectivity of France located off the South Coast of the Canadian Province of Newfoundland. It further supports the Ambassador and Canadian Embassy situated in Washington, D.C. and is one of twelve Consulates-General and three Consulates/Trade Commission offices located in the United States.
The Consulate General in Boston opened in 1951. The mission focuses on relations dealing in: technology, research and development, product commercialization, joint-ventures trade relationships, strategic partnerships, and both greenfield and financial investments between New England and Canada.
- James A. Strong (1951/02/01 – 1969/07/19)
- George S. Patterson (1951/07/31 – 1953/?/?)
- Jean-Louis Délisle (1953/11/? – 1954/07/?)
- Jean-Louis Fournier (1954/09/22 – 1957/09/03)
- Alexandre Boudreau (1957/03/14 – 1958?)
- Stuart D. Helmsley (1958/09/25 – ?)
- Joseph François-Xavier Houde (1970/06/04 – 1973/09/18)
- Marion A. Macpherson (1976/09/21 – 1977/08/31)
- Timothy A. Williams (1978/01/19 – ?)
- Jean-Marie Gaétan Déry (1980/?/? – 1983/?/?)
- Hon. Barnett J. Danson (1983/?/? – 1986/?/?)
- Pierrette A. Lucas (1987/?/? – 1989/?/? )
- Hon. Thomas McMillan (1989/08/24 – 1993/?/?)
- Hon. Donald W. Cameron (1993/06/23 – 1997/?/?)
- Hon. Mary Clancy (1997/07/10 – 2001/?/?)
- Hon. Ron Irwin (2001/08/20 – 2005/?/?)
- Stan Keyes (2005/08/02 – 2006/?/?)
- Neil LeBlanc (2006/07/13 – 2010/08/09)
- Patrick G. Binns (2010/08/10 – 2015/04/22)
- David N. Alward (2015/02/23 - )
- Boston–Halifax relations
- Atlantica (trade zone), a theorized concept of a free trade zone between Canada and New England.
- Northern New England Corridor, a concept of high speed rail between Canada and New England.
- Canada-United States relations
- Embassy of the United States in Ottawa
- List of Canadian ambassadors to the United States
- List of diplomatic missions in Boston