|Motto||Profit for good|
|Legal status||A company limited by guarantee and incorporated in England and Wales|
|Headquarters||Starling House, 1600 Bristol Parkway North, Bristol, BS34 8YU, United Kingdom|
|Society for Endocrinology|
Established in 1996, Bioscientifica Ltd is the commercial subsidiary of the Society for Endocrinology, and provides publishing, events, and association management services to biomedical societies, and to the pharmaceutical industry. Although the company generates profits, these are redistributed to Bioscientifica's partner societies to fund biomedical research and practice.
Bioscientifica publishes academic journals and case reports focused on endocrinology, and its intersecting disciplines. The company also publishes free-to-read conference abstracts via its BiosciAbstracts platform and conference proceedings via Bioscientifica Proceedings. According to the 2016 Journal Citation Reports, six of Bioscientifica's publications have an impact factor: Endocrine-Related Cancer, Journal of Endocrinology, Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, European Journal of Endocrinology, Reproduction (journal) and Endocrine Connections.
Bioscientifica was an early proponent of open access. In February 2012, the company was among the first 24 publishers to sign the STM Association's Sustainable Open Access Statement. Bioscientifica currently publishes four open access journals, supports gold open access publication in its subscription journals, and makes all journal content free to read online 12 months after publication.
Bioscientifica manages academic conferences for biomedical societies. Their event services include:
- Scientific and social programme management
- Accommodation management
- Abstract management and publication
- Event marketing and press
- Conference websites and mobile apps
- Coordination of grants and awards
- Liaison with CPD accreditors
- Sponsorship and exhibition sales
- Budget management and bookkeeping
Several of the events managed by Bioscientifica have won industry awards. Recent awards include:
- 2019: Silver Award for 'Best Operations Team' at the 2019 Conference Awards
- 2018: Bronze Award for 'Best Conference by an event agency' at the 2018 Conference Awards
- 2015: 'Best Association Conference Outside London' at the Association Excellence Awards.
- 2013: 'Best Association Conference' prize at the fourth Annual Conference Awards
Bioscientifica currently provides Association Management and secretariat services to the following societies:
- British Society for Paediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
- European Society of Endocrinology
- European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology
- Society for Endocrinology
- UK and Ireland Neuroendocrine Tumour Society
Bioscientifica is a member of the following professional bodies:
- Association of British Professional Conference Organisers
- Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers
- Committee on Publication Ethics
- Independent Scholarly Publishers Group
- International Association of Scientific, Technical, and Medical Publishers
- International Congress and Convention Association
Bioscientifica is governed by its board of directors, which is composed of Society for Endocrinology officers, industry professionals, and members of Bioscientifica's executive team. The board is currently made up of the following members.
- Chair: Adrian Clark
- Eleanor Davies
- Dave Fletcher
- Jamie Marwick
- Barbara McGowan
- David Mills
- Ian Russell
- Kate Sargent
- Adrian Stanley
- "Bioscientifica Listing on Open Company". Archived from the original on 2015-03-09. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Bioscientifica Website". Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Bioscientifica Profit Distribution" (PDF). Retrieved 2015-03-02.
- "BiosciAbstracts". Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- "Bioscientifica Proceedings". Retrieved 2018-02-19.
- 2016 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.
- "Publishers Support Sustainable Open Access". STM. Archived from the original on 9 September 2017. Retrieved 9 September 2017.
- "STM Association". Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "HINARI Partner List". Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Bioscientifica event services". Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- "Conference Awards - 2019 Winners". Retrieved 2019-07-16.
- "Conference Awards - 2018 Winners". Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- "Association Excellence Awards - 2015 Winners". Archived from the original on 2015-03-06. Retrieved 2015-03-02.
- "Conference Awards - 2013 Winners". Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "Bioscientifica Client List". Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- "ABPCOMember List". Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- "ALPSP Member List". Archived from the original on 2014-08-24. Retrieved 2014-08-28.
- "COPE". Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- "ISPG". Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "STM Association Member List". Retrieved 2015-03-03.
- "ICCA Membership Directory". Retrieved 2016-02-21.