|~90,000 (.44% of Canadian population) (2016)|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Scarborough Southwest, Toronto, Greater Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, Ottawa|
|English · French · Bengali · Chittagonian · Sylheti|
|Islam · Hinduism · Buddhism · Christianity|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Bangladeshi diaspora, Indo-Canadians, Pakistani Canadians, Asian Canadians|
Bangladeshi Canadians (French: Canadiens Bangladais) are Canadian citizens of Bangladeshi descent, first-generation Bangladeshi immigrants, or descendants of Bangladeshis who emigrated to Canada. The term may also refer to people who hold dual Bangladeshi and Canadian citizenship.
While there are no recent official data, however according to the Statistics Canada (2020) there are 100,000 Bangladeshi origin Canadians. Some references shows fewer of Bangladesh origin in Canada. The unofficial number of Bangladeshi Canadians as of 2016 is anywhere from 50,000 - 100,000. Most of the Bangladeshi origin population concentrated in Greater Toronto area and Montreal.
|Landing year||Total landed|
From 2006 to 2018, 40,956 new permanent residents from Bangladesh landed in Canada.
- Nazrul Minto, Journalist, Writer and Editor-in-Chief (deshebideshe.com), CEO deshebideshe.tv
- Ron Mustafaa, Hollywood TV actor, appeared on MTV's Skins
- Shamit Shome, soccer player
- Doly Begum, Ontario Member of Provincial Parliament
- Anika Nakanu, (Bangladeshi Canadian Vlogger) on YouTube
- Shabbir Choudhury Liton, Philanthropist, Social worker and Real estate businessman
- Eva Khondaker, Medical Doctor, Former Miss Canada Galaxy 2007, 1st runner up in Miss India Canada 2007.
- Asian Canadians
- South Asian Canadians
- Islam in Canada
- Hinduism in Canada
- Bangladesh-Canada relations
- User, Super. "Bangladesh Diaspora in Canada". www.bdhcottawa.ca.
- "BC - Brown Canada". www.browncanada.com. Archived from the original on 2017-08-19. Retrieved 2016-08-25.
- "Bangladeshi Immigrants to Canada - Statistics - Immigration Trends". canadaimmigrants.com.