|Latin: Universidad Naval|
Motto in English
|Chancellor||President of Pakistan|
|Rector||Vice Admiral Kaleem Shaukat HI(M)|
|Nickname||'BU', 'BUIC', 'BUKC', 'BULC', 'BUMDC', 'IPP', 'NCMPR'|
|Affiliations||HEC, PEC, ACU, NCEAC, PMDC|
Established by the Pakistan Navy in 2000, its status is granted as Semi-Government. It offers programmes in undergraduate, post-graduate, and doctoral studies as well as, BMDC (Bahria Medical and Dental College), Karachi. Its research is directed towards the development of engineering, philosophy, natural, social, and medical sciences. Bahria is a comprehensive university having multidisciplinary programs that includes Health Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Computer Sciences, Management Sciences, Social Sciences, Law, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Psychology and Maritime Studies. The university is one of the top institution of higher learning in the country and secured 23rd in among country's top thirty and most notable universities in "general category" by the HEC, as of 2016. The university is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities of the United Kingdom.
The university research institutes offer scientific research in the development of medical, environmental, natural sciences as well as in the engineering and philosophy.
Bahria University is a founder member of the Education Futures Collaboration charity, an international network of educators working on strategies to bridge the research/practice/policy making divide. See www.meshguides.org.
Bahria University has its genesis in Bahria Colleges and Bahria Institutes of Management and Computer Sciences which were established by the Pakistan Navy in the 1980s and 1990s in Islamabad and Karachi. These institutes and colleges were affiliated with Peshawar University to conduct Bachelor and master's degree programmes in the disciplines of Business Management and Computer Sciences.
Bahria University offers Bachelor and higher degree programmes. It produces professionals in areas like Electronics & Telecommunication, Electrical, Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, Media Studies, Business Management, Earth & Environmental Sciences, Medical and Health Sciences, Professional Psychology, Social Sciences and Law.
The growth and policies of university are governed by its Board of Governors comprising senior naval officers and representatives of the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Education and the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan. Chief of the Naval Staff is the Chairman Board of Governors as well as Pro-Chancellor of the University.
The university has campuses in Islamabad, Karachi and Lahore. The Headquarter of the university is in Islamabad consisting of 3 blocks (OC, NC and XC) including a girls hostel. A new building has been constructed, which is for business students. Furthermore, the headquarters consists of a business incubation center, auditorium, gymnasium, and several cafeterias throughout the campus. 
- Bahria University Islamabad Campus (Headquarter)
- Bahria University Karachi Campus
- Bahria University Lahore Campus
- Institute of Professional Psychology, Karachi
- National Center for Maritime Policy Research, Karachi
- Bahria University Medical & Dental College, Karachi
Bahria University is the awarding body for the following affiliated institutions:
- Shifa College of Medicine, Islamabad
- Shifa College of Nursing, Islamabad
- Frontier Medical College, Abbottabad
- Islamabad Medical and Dental College, Islamabad
- Yusra Medical & Dental College, Islamabad
- Institute of Teachers Education, Rawalpindi
- Rawal Institute of Health Sciences Islamabad
- Bahria University Medical and Dental College, Karachi
- Valparaiso University, USA
- University of Wollongong, Australia
- Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Dogus University, Turkey
- International College Beijing, China
- Tongji University, China
- University of Leicester, UK
- University of Nottingham, UK
- York St. John University, UK
- University of Bedfordshire, UK
- Greenwich University, UK
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Dalhousie University, Canada
- Chabahar Maritime University, Iran
- Al-Khawarizmi Intl. College, UAE
- Institute of Oriental Studies, Azerbaijan
- King's College – Corbett Center, UK
- Trieste University, Italy
- Xuzhou Normal University
- Yasar University, Turkey
- Damghan University, Iran
- University of Idaho, USA
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Maritime Business & Management
- BS (Accounting and Finance)
- BS (Project Management)
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (At Weekend)
- MS Maritime Ports and Shipping Management
- MS Maritime Trade and Logistics
- MBA (Pharmaceutical Business Management)
- Post Graduate Diploma (Pharmaceutical Business Management)
- MPhil (Management Sciences)
- PhD (Management Sciences)
- MS in Project Management (Weekend)
- MS in Supply Chain (Weekend)
- MS in Finance
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (Telecommunication)
- Masters of Science Electrical Engineering
- PhD Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Software Engineering
- Masters of Science Software Engineering
- PhD Software Engineering
- Masters of Science Engineering Management
Department of Law
- Bachelor of Science (Computer Science)
- Master of Science (Computer Science)
- Bachelor of Science (Information Technology)
- Master of Science (Telecom & Networking)
- PhD Computer Sciences
Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (Geology)
- Bachelor of Science (Geophysics)
- Bachelor of Science (Environmental Sciences)
- Master of Science (Geology)
- Master of Science (Geophysics)
- Master of Science (Environmental Sciences)
- Master of Science (Environmental Policy and Management)
- Bachelor of Science Psychology
- PMD Psychology
- MPhil Psychology
- PhD Psychology
Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of International Relations
- Bachelor of Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Media Studies
- Bachelor of Economics
Medical and Dental Sciences
The university helps its students to participate in national and university level sports. The Bahria University Islamabad Campus has a large gymnasium to facilitate sporting events such as basketball matches. There is also a separate fitness gym for males and females to train at their own times. These gyms include treadmills, weight lifting machines, etc... to facilitate the students.
Bahria University has student-driven societies, clubs and associations that work under the tutelage of the student affairs office. Societies and clubs at BU include:
- Bahria Association of Computer Sciences and Professionals (BACSAP)
- Bahria University Law Society (BULS)
- Bahria Youth Technothon (BYTE)
- Bahria Community Support Program (CSP)
- Media Club (Saad Tehsin)
- Arts & Dramatics Club
- The Music Society
- The Events Club
- The Literature & Debates Club
- IEEE BUIC
- Society Of Empowerment (SOE) BUKC
- Bahria Visionary Club (BVC)
- Bahria University Law Society
- Higher Education Commission of Pakistan
- Pakistan Engineering Council
- List of universities in Pakistan
- "Bahria University Introduction". Retrieved 2012-01-21.
- "Bahria University". Google maps. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- "Bahria University Introduction". Bahria University Introduction. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- "HEC rankings". HEC rankings. Archived from the original on 2016-03-04.
- "ACU Members". ACU. Archived from the original on 2013-09-21. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- "Research and Development in Bahria University". Bahria University. Archived from the original on 2013-09-26. Retrieved 18 September 2013.
- "Bahria University History". www.bahria.edu.pk. Archived from the original on 2012-01-23. Retrieved 2012-01-22.
- "Business Incubation Centre – ORIC". Retrieved 2019-07-09.
- "Bahria University Constituent Units". www.bahria.edu.pk. Archived from the original on 2012-03-05. Retrieved 2012-02-18.
- "Bahria University Affiliated Units". Archived from the original on 2012-07-06. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Bahria University Linkages". Archived from the original on 2012-12-21. Retrieved 2012-08-02.
- "Bahria University Courses". Retrieved 2012-01-21.
- Sports Office Archived 2012-09-04 at the Wayback Machine, Bahria University.
- "Gymnasium – Bahria University". Retrieved 2019-07-09.