Kölginov in 2019
|10th Akim of Nur-Sultan|
|Assumed office |
13 June 2019
|Preceded by||Bahyt Sultanov|
|Akim of West Kazakhstan Region|
26 March 2016 – 13 June 2019
|Preceded by||Nurlan Nogaev|
|Succeeded by||Gali Esqaliev|
|Mayor of Oral|
4 April 2013 – 26 March 2016
|Preceded by||Bolat Shakimov|
|Succeeded by||Nariman Toregaliev|
|Born||15 January 1978|
Abaı, Kazakh SSR, Soviet Union
Altaı Seıdiruly Kölginov is a Kazakh politician who's currently serving as the akim of Nur-Sultan.
Early life and career
In 2001, he worked as the chief specialist, acting in the personnel department of the Central Office of the Public Prosecutor. From 2002 to 2003, he worked as a prosecutor of the Department for the Formation of Legal Statistics of the Committee on Legal Statistics and Special Records of the General Prosecutor's Office. In 2003, Kölginov became the Deputy Head of the Agency for Civil Service Affairs in Astana. From 2007 to 2008, he was the Head of the Department for Analysis and Development of By-Laws of the Ministry of Justice. From 2008 to 2010, Kölginov served as the Deputy General Director of Alash Media Group LLP. From 2010 to 2012, he worked as a state inspector of the department of state control and organizational and territorial work of the Presidential Administration.
Early political career
From 8 February 2012 to 4 April 2013, Kölginov was the Deputy Akim of the West Kazakhstan Region until he was appointed as an Akim of Oral in which he served that position until 26 March 2016, when he became the Akim of West Kazakhstan Region.
Akim of Nur-Sultan (2019-present)
On 13 June 2019, Kölginov was appointed as an Akim of Nur-Sultan by Kassym-Jomart Tokayev. Just days after assuming the role, Kölginov met with interest holders and promised to monitor the construction of their houses, by meeting with equity holders of one or two problematic LCD's every week. In response to the issues with the storm sewers rising sharply during the period of autumn rains and spring floods. Kölginov promised to solve this problem within two years. He stated that specialists will reconstruct drainage systems and build new collectors.
On 28 July 2019, Kölginov instructed to clear the mud-filled river Sarybulaq to which he called it an "environmental disaster" from the silt and bring it back to normal.
On 28 August 2019, he addressed the problems of the outskirts of the city, stating that around 280,000 people living do no have an adequate access to running water. The cost for improving the area was amount to 275 billion tenge, to which Kölginov admitted that the spending cost for the improvements in the outskirts is not feasible in one year.
On 20 September 2019, at a briefing in the Akimat, facing the demands by picketing mothers of many children for apartments by the state, including for those who are not standing in line, Kölginov offered the mothers jobs and housing in the North Kazakhstan Region and Ekibastuz, however, many refused and asked for apartments in Nur-Sultan. Kölginov, in response to the demands, stated that this "was wrong and not according to the law".
- "Указ «О назначении Кульгинова А.С. акимом Западно-Казахстанской области» — Официальный сайт Президента Республики Казахстан". Akorda.kz. Retrieved 29 January 2020.
- "Токаев назначил нового акима Нур-Султана". Sputnik Казахстан (in Russian). Retrieved 29 January 2020.
- "Аким Нур-Султана рассказал, как будет решать проблемы дольщиков". Sputnik Казахстан (in Russian). Retrieved 2020-05-27.
- "Аким столицы пообещал решить проблему подтоплений в течение двух лет". informburo.kz. 2019-06-21. Retrieved 2020-05-27.
- "Аким Нур-Султана назвал реку Сарыбулак экологической катастрофой". Курсив - деловые новости Казахстана (in Russian). Retrieved 2020-05-27.
- Решения (IR.KZ), Интернет. "Алтай Кульгинов ответил на вопросы телезрителей республиканского телеканала". Официальный интернет-ресурс акимата города Нур-Султан (in Russian). Retrieved 2020-05-27.
- Нургалиева, Роза (2019-09-20). "Кульгинов о требованиях многодетных родителей: «Прямо говорят: Дай мне жилье, иначе с моста спрыгну»". Newtimes.kz (in Russian). Retrieved 2020-05-27.
- "Аким столицы раскритиковал попытки шантажа ради жилья". Sputnik Казахстан (in Russian). Retrieved 2020-05-27.