3BallMTY live at Mexico City.
|Also known as||Tribal Monterrey|
|Years active||2009– present|
|Past members||Erick Rincon|
3BallMTY (pronounced "Tribal Monterrey") is a Mexican pop DJ group from the city of Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico. The "DJ Collective" (the name its members have formally given themselves) was formed in 2009 by two teenage DJs – Sergio Zavala (DJ Sheeqo Beat), and Alberto Presenda (DJ Otto). The name "3Ball" comes from the Spanish word "tribal", which refers to the culture of Guaracha tribal music popular in many Spanish-speaking countries around the world.
2009: Formation of 3Ball MTY
In August 2009, teenage Monterrey disc jockey Erick Rincon joined up with fellow DJs Sergio Zavala and Alberto Presenda. Quite fitting to their synthy, techno-inspired sound, the three DJs met through the Internet. The trio had a vision of combining two fundamental facets of the music industry – production and performance. Rincon has cited Between 2009 and 2010, the group became known as 3BallMTY, and set out to lay a new foundation for "latino electronica", which 3Ball has introduce that year.
In December 2010, they were invited to the Worldtronics festival being held in Germany. It was the first time the group traveled outside Mexico. In 2011, the group signed a record contract with label Latin Power Music, a division of Universal Music. On December 6, they released their debut album, Intentalo, which features collaborations with artists such as Smoky, America Sierra, El Bebeto, Morenito, Favela, Milkman and Horacio Palencia.
2010 - 2013: Intentalo, Latin Music Awards,Touring
3Ball MTY rose to prominence in 2012 when their single "Inténtalo", taken from there first studio album of the same name, featuring El Bebeto and America Sierra reached No.1 on the Billboard Latin Songs chart for two non-consecutive weeks. The song was performed live by the group at the 2012 ceremony of the Billboard Latin Music Awards.
On October 18, 2012, 3Ball MTY and Gerardo Ortiz dominated the Billboard Mexican Music Awards. At the second annual music awards 3Ball MTY received 9 awards with some of those including New Artist of the Year, Artist of the Year, Duo or Group; Song Artist of the Year and Digital Download Artist of the Year.
In 2013, they released a new single "Quiero Bailar (All Through the Night)" featuring Becky G. It premiered on September 10, 2013 on Univision. It is featured on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Need for Speed Rivals.
2014 - 2015: Globall, and Touring
On March 24, 2014, 3Ball MTY released their second studio album "Globall" with various artist on the albums; such as Belinda, Far East Movement, Becky G, Gerardo Ortiz, Cowboy Troy, Las Cumbia Girls, and Jotdog.
2016 - 2017: Erick Rincon's departure, "Bailar Contigo" - Single
On July 5, 2016 it has been announced by both members that Erick Rincon decided to leave the group to venture off on individual projects. It was also revealed that he was struggling in keeping up with both individual projects and groups projects. The same year the group released the single "Bailar Contigo" featuring Chyno Miranda, and El Jova. and performed at various concerts.
2018 - 2019: Various singles and collaborations, and Touring
On November 2, 2018 3Ball MTY released there single "Tequila" featuring Chayin Rubio.
2020 - present: "Ferrari" - Single, SOMOS, Other Projects
During the month of January "Intentalo" was on Billboards top 100 placing at 38. On Januray 29, 2020 3Ball MTY released a new single "Ferrari" featuring Morenito de Fuego. The following month 3BALL MTY released there third studio album SOMOS with promotions after the release date. Following the release of the album, and promotions. 3BALL MTY released a statement on July 22 through social media "Nueva Musica en Camino"
- Alberto Presenda (DJ Otto) — Born on November 5, 1992, Cunduacán, Mexico (Age 27)
- Sergio Zavala (DJ Sheeqo) — Born on March 7, 1992, Monterrey, Mexico (Age 28)
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Title||Year||Peak chart positions||Album|
(featuring El Bebeto and America Sierra)
|"Besos al Airé"
(featuring America Sierra and Smoky)
(All Though the Night)"
(featuring Becky G)
|"La Noche Es Tuya"
(featuring Gerardo Ortiz and America Sierra)
|"De las 12 a las 12"
(featuring El Bebeto)
|"Bailar Contigo" (feat. Chyno Miranda & El Jova)||2017||—||—||—||Non-album single|
|"Tequila" (featuring Chayin Miranda)||2018||—||—||—||Non-album single|
|"Quisiera Tenerte" (featuring Chayin Rubio and Lucky Bossi)||2019||—||—||—||Non-album single|
|"Ladron" (featuring Shaira and ATL)||—||—||—||Non-album single|
|"Bubbly" (Remix)||—||—||—||Non-album single|
|"Besos Al Aire"||2012|
|"Baile De Amor"|
|"Quiero Bailar"||2014||Becky G||Globall|
|"La Noche Es Tuya"||America Sierra|
|"OBDC"||Las Cumbia Girls|
|"De Las 12 A Las 12"||El Bebeto|
|"Bailar Contigo"||2017||Chyno Miranda|
|"Quisiera Tenerte"||2019||Chayin Rubio, Lucky Bossi|
Awards and nominations
|2012||La Más Pegajosa (Catchiest Tune)||"Inténtalo"|
|Mi Ringtone Favorito (My Ringtone)||"Inténtalo"|
Premios Billboard de la Música Regional Mexicana (2012)
|Year||Category||Song, Album, Group||Result|
|2012||Artista del Año, Debut||3BallMTY|
|Artista del Año, Dúo o Grupo||3BallMTY|
|Tema del Año||"Inténtalo" (with America Sierra y El Bebeto)|
|Tema del Año, Colaboración Vocal||"Inténtalo" (with America Sierra y El Bebeto)|
|Artista del Año, Temas||3BallMTY|
|Artista del Año, Descarga Digital||3BallMTY|
|Song of the Year Duranguense/Grupero/Cumbia||"Inténtalo" (with America Sierra y El Bebeto)|
|Album of the Year Duranguense/Grupero/Cumbia||Inténtalo|
|Artist of the Year Duranguense/Grupero/Cumbia||3BallMTY|
- "3BALLMTY signs to UNIVERSAL MUSIC". Latin Power Music. Retrieved 28 October 2011.
- Reed Johnson (2013-03-04). "Monterrey's 3BALLMTY gives electronic dance some new rhythms". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2016-03-04.
- "Intentalo by tribal monterrey ." iTunes. Apple, Inc. Retrieved on May 6, 2012.
- "3BALLMTY Encenderá los Premios Billboard Latinos 2012". Latin Music Power. Retrieved on May 6, 2012.
- "Stars Continue To Line Up For The 2012 Billboard Latin Music Awards Presented By State Farm April 26 At 7ET/6CT On Telemundo From Miami, Florida" Archived 2014-07-29 at the Wayback Machine. Hispanic Business. Retrieved on May 6, 2012.
- "3BallMTY, Gerardo Ortiz Dominate Billboard Mexican Music Awards". Billboard. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- "3BallMTY forges new paths across the global dance floor". Washington Post. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- "Se queda 3BALLMTY sin un integrante". Dallas News. 2019-07-08. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- "SXSW Presents Voz De Mando & 3ball MTY at Austin City Limits Live at the Moody Theater". SXSW. 2019-03-04. Retrieved 2019-07-14.
- Rosas, Mike. ""Intentalo" una de las mejores canciones de la lista Hot 100 de Billboard". Latin Power Music (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-08-23.
- Rosas, Mike. "3BALLMTY vuelve con "Ferrari", su nuevo sencillo". Latin Power Music (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-08-23.
- Rosas, Mike. "Todos Somos 3BALLMTY". Latin Power Music (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-08-23.
- "3BALLMTY Statement". Twitter. Retrieved 2020-08-23.
- "Inténtalo". Billboard. Retrieved February 5, 2017.
- "Globall". Billboard. Retrieved February 5, 2017.
- "3Ball MTY – Billboard 200 Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved February 5, 2017.
- "3Ball MTY – Latin Billboard 200 Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved February 5, 2017.
- "3BallMTY - Chart history - Billboard". www.billboard.com.
- "3Ball MTY backstage at Billboard Mexican Music Awards 2012". Billboard.